Sunday, July 1, 2012

Do you mourn your past, fear your future or celebrate your life? 

Today I  turn the big 34.  Yep, one more year until I am halfway to 40!  It is REALLY hard to believe! I do make sure and give my husband grief because he is already on his way to 40-ha ha.

The irony of it all is that most people don't think I look my age at all.  You would think that would be a good thing.... yet, in a way it is both a blessing and a curse! LOL   I do very much thank my family for my good genes.....as everyone says, I will like looking young when I am older .

In any case... it doesn't matter how old or young you look.... you are only as young as you feel.  I remember just a couple of years ago, I felt like I was 80 years old.  Not kidding.  My body was sore all over, my right hip was so stiff I couldn't walk fast, I would bump into things, I would get light headed easily, and I would constantly forget to put my clothes in the dryer (okay- I forget now, but not as often! lol)

But just as quickly as I started feeling bad and got the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia (ie.- we don't know what else is wrong with you),  I figured out I was sensitive to gluten and I felt better within a month.  Now,  I do still have a weak back and can't over do it too much, but it is SO amazing the difference!

While I was busy just trying to get through the day without crying from the pain, I would pretty much dread the next day. Sure, I still enjoyed being with my family, but I was depressed because I accepted constant pain and fatigue to be my lot in life.  Growing old didn't really appeal to me and birthdays weren't as exciting.

Now, I am so excited to really ENJOY life and I look forward to growing old!  So many of us fear our birthdays... we don't want to celebrate because it reminds us of our lot in life and how we are destined to just start falling all apart-- because after all, aches, pains, digestive problems, headaches and fatigue are all just a part of getting old, right?

Wrong! Getting a year older every year is a part of life..... before long, we are all meant to pass from this life to the next ...... yet our quality of life does not have to suffer!  Heart disease and cancer is not inevitable! Neither is chronic pain, fatigue or gray hair! (okay, maybe I lied on the gray hair part, BUT some experts say gray hair can be related to mineral deficiency...hmmm) .

The key is to take care of yourself and prevent these conditions NOW!   Don't wait until it's too late.  Don't wait for the perfect cure, or until you first start to show signs of cancer.  The best part about prevention is you do not need to rely on medications with a long list of side effects.   You simply need to eat more whole foods; especially fruits and vegetables, reduce stress in  your life, and practice an attitude of gratitude!  A spiritual practice helps too, such as prayer and meditation.

Notice I said "simply"... yet it's not always that simple; is it?  We need support and accountability.  We also need a way to make healthy living FUN!  It shouldn't be this boring, dreadful thing.  So many of us are tainted by restrictive diets; but I say, aim for the opposite! Reject diets! Trust your body and what it is telling you.

Above all.... LOVE your body and yourself!! This is really the key to loving life and having the motivation to practice some TLC on a daily basis.

Don't forget..... I offer a FREE initial consultation!  We can discuss your health goals and concerns and what obstacles may be getting in your way. You will find out about the programs I offer that will be perfect for YOUR needs!  I will be starting to charge for these sessions soon, so act now!

healthcoachkellie@gmail.com
www.nourishedandnew.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a wonderful post peeps - GLUTEN FREE has made a difference in so many lives!